[visit-users] Running VisIt remotely with local cluster

Harrison, Cyrus D. harrison37 at llnl.gov
Mon Jul 27 14:09:24 EDT 2015

Hi Chris,

I want to second Brad’s suggestion for upgrading if possible. Newer versions of VisIt for OSX don’t rely on X11.

New OSX machines actually use a different X11 infrastructure than what we used at the time we released 2.6.2 (March 2013).

We can help w/ questions about the process of building a newer version on the remote server.

-Cyrus