[visit-users] Adding parallel launch method to VisIt

Miller, Mark C. miller86 at llnl.gov
Mon Jul 27 12:58:50 EDT 2015

I think you also need to modify the python script in 'bin' , frontendlauncher.py to accomodate the new launch method.

From: Brian Skjerven <brian.skjerven at pawsey.org.au<mailto:brian.skjerven at pawsey.org.au>>
Date: Sunday, July 26, 2015 7:34 PM
To: "visit-users at elist.ornl.gov<mailto:visit-users at elist.ornl.gov>" <visit-users at elist.ornl.gov<mailto:visit-users at elist.ornl.gov>>
Subject: [visit-users] Adding parallel launch method to VisIt

Begin forwarded message:

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a new host profile for our vis cluster and running into an issue.  We're running SLURM and need to use a combination of sbatch/srun.  Unfortunately this option isn't available in the parallel launch method.

What's the best way to go about adding this?  Looking at the source code, do I just need to add the option

launchMethod->addItem("sbatch/srun");

to gui/QvisHostProfileWindow.C and recompile?

Thanks for the help.

Brian Skjerven