[visit-users] Getting Simulation Times

Miller, Mark C. miller86 at llnl.gov
Mon Jul 27 12:57:48 EDT 2015

Try this. . .

visit -cli -nowin
>>> SetTryHarderCyclesTimes(1)
>>> md=GetMetaData("foo.visit")
>>> md.GetTimes()
>>> md.GetCycles()

From: <Kaptanoglu>, Alan Ali <kaptanoglu1 at llnl.gov<mailto:kaptanoglu1 at llnl.gov>>
Date: Friday, July 24, 2015 2:54 PM
To: "visit-users at elist.ornl.gov<mailto:visit-users at elist.ornl.gov>" <visit-users at elist.ornl.gov<mailto:visit-users at elist.ornl.gov>>
Subject: [visit-users] Getting Simulation Times

Hi guys,

I am new here but I have been searching for the solution to this problem for a while now and can't find anything. I want to load in the entire set of simulation times (not the time sliders) into a VisIt python script. I found this page which helps if the "file format reader is passing up valid times" hxxp://visitusers.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1359127252, which I have tried but I don't understand if I am using properly (because the file I am using is a .session file and it's unclear where to find the times). I am using VisIt 2.9.2. All I would like to do at the moment is be able to loop through my time slider states and print the simulation time.

Thanks,
Alan Kaptanoglu