[visit-users] Volimage plugin

Jose A. Abell M. jaabell at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jul 23 19:41:47 EDT 2015

Hi Mark,

I fixed it! I used my other plugin as a template and changed the line(s)
that declare(s) the metadata by one call to

   AddScalarVarToMetaData(...);

I think this is what you meant too.

The mesh and data now display nicely within VisIt. I'm going to add some
other features to the plugin (change it into a MTMD plugin so I can
visualize a series of files generated by the simulation, also add
visualization of displacement fields instead of just the components). If
you're interested I can contribute the new plugin to VisIt.

I'll treat it as a new plugin since the old format, I discovered, is being
used by some legacy users.

Maybe call it 'volimage2' and version it at 2.0.

Thanks for all the help!

--

José Abell
PhD Candidate