[visit-users] Running VisIt remotely with local cluster

Miller, Mark C. miller86 at llnl.gov
Wed Jul 22 16:37:00 EDT 2015

Hi Brad,

Thanks for chiming in. You may have missed the middle of the discussion but the client/server *works* when he's running on older macs.

Maybe the older macs are logging into the remote cluster such that DISPLAY is getting set and the newer macs are not? Would that, combined with your explanation below, explain why Chris is getting this behavior for *only* the newer macs?

Mark