[visit-users] problem restoring session file

Harrison, Cyrus D. harrison37 at llnl.gov
Wed Jul 15 16:56:18 EDT 2015

Hi Joe,

Sorry for the delay in responding - I am wondering if some how a serial engine is getting launched instead of a parallel engine.

When you restore the session do you already have an allocation, or are you relying on VisIt to launch a new parallel job from the session settings?

If session files continually undermine you -  you can try our python client helper method “WriteScript”, which will write the instantaneous state of your plots out, such that it can be restored via the python client interface.

hxxp://visitusers.org/index.php?title=WriteScript

-Cyrus