[visit-users] Lineout for cell vertex data

Vineet Soni vineet7 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 17:07:39 EDT 2015

Hello Kathleen,
Thank you very much! It worked for me.
Regards, Vineet

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 19:17, VisIt software users community
<visit-users at elist.ornl.gov> wrote:
Hello Vineet,

Normal mode for lineout simply determines intersected cells along the line, and
then grabs associated ‘cell data’ , or if data is associated with points,
averages the values at cell points.

If your points are equally spaced, ‘Sampling’ mode for Lineout may work better
for you. Specify very precisely the start and end points to match your vertices,
then set # samples to 128 (will divide the line into 128 segments). It should
then determine the value at each of the 129 points along the line.

Perform the Lineout via Query, rather than with the lineout tool:
Controls->Query->Lineout, check the ‘Use sampling’ checkbox.

HTH,

Kathleen