[visit-users] Some questions for a first time user not on the FAQs

Jesse Samluk sevensam at udel.edu
Mon Jul 6 09:19:00 EDT 2015

Greetings all,

 First time user to VisIt. Two quick questions for now.

1.) Installation - for Mac OSX it says I need to download an install script, but it seems to open fine. Where would I put the install script? I installed version 2.9.2.

2.) Can VisiT open .vtk files? If so, can someone provide a readme on that? I tried opening, but I don’t see anything appear. Admittedly I am from the ParaView world.

Thanks!
Jesse