[visit-users] streamline reflection operator

范存炜 fancunwei95 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 21:26:03 EDT 2015

Hi all,

my name is Cunwei Fan. I am not sure how to use this mailing list, but I have a problem on VisIt.

when I try to plot some pictures, I used a streamline plot and a reflect operator. To make a movie,
I change the streamline plot attribute by updating xml files. I found that with reflect operator, the SetPlotOptions (for updating new streamline plot settings) can take infinite long time to run ( I have never seen it finished even though I wait for 12 hours). However, when I delete the reflect operator, the SetPlotOptions just took 10 or 15 minutes.  What is weird is that the SetPlotsOptions is normal for many pictures ( nearlly 100 pictures), and it needs for infinitely long time for 60 pictures. I used the same python codes to run.

Does anyone have the same problem? and can anyone help me ?

thank you

Cunwei Fan