[visit-users] Building visit

samar aseeri samaraseeri at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 01:47:52 EDT 2014

Hi Cyrus,

Hope this mail finds you will. I just want to check the status of ticket #1843

Best

On Friday, 16 May 2014, 5:30, samar aseeri <samaraseeri at yahoo.com> wrote:

Thanks Cyrus, please keep me updated.

Th
On Friday, 16 May 2014, 2:45, "Harrison, Cyrus D." <harrison37 at llnl.gov> wrote:

Hi Samar,
Thanks for the info, I submitted a ticket for us to add support:
http://visitbugs.ornl.gov/issues/1843

Its in the our queue, but I don't have a firm time for when we will add it.

-Cyrus
On 5/14/14 6:31 PM, "samar aseeri" <samaraseeri at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Dear Cyrus,
>

>Sure, please find the below jobs script.
>

>#!/bin/sh
>

># @ account_no        = ###
>

># @ job_name            =
 visit

 Tuesday, 6 May 2014, 7:26, samar aseeri <samaraseeri at yahoo.com> wrote:

>>Dear Cyrus,
>>

>>I looked at the examples but not sure if I can get it right and would
>>like you to take a look at the attached job script and advice me please.
>>

>>Thanks
>>
>>On Monday, 5 May 2014, 19:15, "Harrison, Cyrus D." <harrison37 at llnl.gov>
>>wrote:
>>
>>Hi Samar,
>>Since we don't yet support llsubmit, we can help you figure out the
>>proper
>>path.
>>
>>VisIt has a general set of options (number of processors, number of
>>nodes,
>>bank/account, machine partition, etc). We need to understand how those
>>general options translate to the "llsubmit" options that LoadLeveler
>>expects.
 From there we can create a "JobSubmitter" class specific to
>>llsubmit, and add that to "bin/internallauncher" (or <visit-version>bin/)
>>internallauncher is a python script.
>>
>>If you think you can try this yourself, you can look at the examples that
>>already exists in "bin/internallauncher" such as JobSubmitter_mpiexec. If
>>not, if you can give us example llsubmit commands, we can write the class
>>for you.
>>

>>-Cyrus
>>
>>On 5/3/14 11:34 PM, "samar aseeri" <samaraseeri at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Dear Officials,
>>>

>>>I really need to run visit in parallel from the client connecting to the
>>>server. We are using the
>>>LoadLeveler and the launcher command is "llsubmit" not amongst the
>>>listed
>>>options. I will appreciate it if someone can give me hints or guide wep
>>>pages to start.
>>>

>>>Best
>>>
>>>On Saturday, 3 May 2014, 9:04, samar aseeri <samaraseeri at yahoo.com>
>>>wrote:
>>>
>>>Dear Officials,
>>>
>>>I need a quick guide on how to run in parallel from the client side
>>>connecting to the server. Our launcher command is not
 amongst the listed