[visit-users] Averaging spatial/temporal data for a profile

Miller, Mark C. miller86 at llnl.gov
Mon Jul 14 13:36:45 EDT 2014

Hello,

Apologies but I am just not following your inquiry, here.

By "profile", it sounds like you are talking about maybe a 1D curve, maybe something equiv. to a "Lineout" operation. But, you say you are using the "Slice" operator to do it and thats confusing  me. Maybe by "profile" you mean something more like a silhouette, or projection of the 3D shape onto a 2D plan to sorta get its shape and extents from a given point of view.

I think the kind of averaging you need to do is possible but you may have to use either the Python Command Line Interface (CLI), http://www.visitusers.org/index.php?title=VisIt-tutorial-Python-scripting, or Python Filters to do it, http://visitusers.org/index.php?title=Python_Filters.

Best I can offer given what I think I understand about what you are asking.

Mark