[visit-users] queries in the python interface

Valmor de Almeida val.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 15:25:58 EDT 2010

Thanks for letting me know the additional query function control.

Am I doing this right?

>>> PickByNode(0, 0, ("elementname","element"))
VisIt: Message -
E:  complex-01.pdb  timestep 0
mesh
Point: <0.6145, -0.0375, -0.1045>
Zone:  71
Incident Nodes:  26  27
elementname:  <nodal>
    (26) = (67,0,0) mag = 67
    (27) = (67,0,0) mag = 67

element:  <nodal>
    (26) = 6
    (27) = 6

Should I see an atom symbol anywhere here?

Valmor