[visit-users] VisIt stuck at 32%

Hank Childs hankchilds at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 20:19:54 EDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

There is a problem with freetype fonts being multiple defined in the
VTK libs and the OS that pops up on one of the Linux variants
(Ubuntu?).  I've seen that people that hit this problem have VisIt
fail at startup three times in a row and then work on the fourth.

Unfortunately, I don't think we addressed this issue for 2.0 ... but
we clearly need to do something soon.

Best regards,
Hank