[visit-users] Python to Session File ?

Kathleen S. Bonnell bonnell2 at llnl.gov
Mon Mar 15 12:20:28 EDT 2010

Steve,

Yes, I have downloaded the files, and have looked into the problem.
Definitely a few bugs, and they will be fixed for 2.0

1)  SaveSession from cli on Windows, will save with '.session'
extension, even though '.vses' is the expected extension on windows.
2)  RestoreSession window in gui only allows searching for files with
'.vses' extension
3)  RestoreSession via gui window always prepends the user's visit
directory (eg %My Documents%).

To work around the issue with 1.12, you will need to restore your
session from the cli.

If you want to still run the gui, then open Controls->Command
In one of the tabs type:
RestoreSession("C:\\path\\to\\your\\session\\file\
\sessionfile.vses.session", 0)

Then click 'Execute'.

A cli command window will open, and your session should be restored.

I apologize for the inconvenience this issue is causing, and thank
you for bringing it to our attention.

Please let us know if you discover further issues.

Kathleen