[visit-users] Problem With Running Visit Remotely

Barham, Matthew I. barham2 at llnl.gov
Wed Mar 3 15:18:19 EST 2010

From: Barham, Matthew I.
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 10:54 AM
To: 'visit-users at ornl.gov'
Subject: Problem With Visit

Hello,

I recently got a new computer and am having trouble running visit remotely on the LC computers at LLNL. I am using F-Secure to SSH into the LC computers,  I have X-Win 32 running and it works for light graphics. I can open visit and open a files, select how many processors to use, I can select a plot and when I try and draw the plot visit crashes with the following error:

 VisIt's viewer exited abnormally! Aborting the Graphical User Interface. VisIt's developers may be reached via the visit-users mailing list.  Please see:
        https://wci.llnl.gov/codes/visit/FAQ.html#1

Please contact me at 925-422-0380.

Thanks,
Matthew Barham