[visit-users] Mesa

Professor W P Jones w.jones at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Mar 1 20:41:50 EST 2010

Eric,

Dear Eric

I have fixed my problems with mesa and VisIt now starts to
build but fails.  The last few lines build_visit_log file are below.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Bill

***
*** Building VisIt's Metadata Server
(/usr/local/src/tmp/visit1.12.2/src/exe/mdserver)
***
g++ -o /usr/local/src/tmp/visit1.12.2/src/exe/mdserver
-L/usr/local/src/tmp/visit1.12.2/src/lib  ChangeDirectoryRPCExecutor.o
CloseDatabaseRPCExecutor.o ConnectRPCExecutor.o ExpandPathRPCExecutor.o
GetDBPluginInfoRPCExecutor.o GetDirectoryRPCExecutor.o
GetFileListRPCExecutor.o GetMetaDataRPCExecutor.o
GetPluginErrorsRPCExecutor.o GetSILRPCExecutor.o KeepAliveRPCExecutor.o
LoadPluginsRPCExecutor.o SetMFileOpenOptionsRPCExecutor.o
MDServerApplication.o MDServerConnection.o QuitRPCExecutor.o
LibPipelineStubs.o main.o -lexpr -lparser -lplugin -lmdserverrpc
-lavtmath_ser -lpipeline_ser -ldatabase_ser -lmir_ser -ldbatts
-lavtexceptions -lstate -lcomm -lmisc -lutility -llightweight_visit_vtk
-lvtkCommon -lvtkFiltering -lvtkzlib -lvtkexpat -lvtksys -lm -ldl -lpthread
/usr/local/src/tmp/visit1.12.2/src/lib/libpipeline_ser.so: undefined
reference to `uncompress'
/usr/local/src/tmp/visit1.12.2/src/lib/libpipeline_ser.so: undefined
reference to `compress2'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [/usr/local/src/tmp/visit1.12.2/src/exe/mdserver] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/src/tmp/visit1.12.2/src/mdserver/main'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/tmp/visit1.12.2/src/mdserver'
make: *** [all] Error 1

Professor W P Jones
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Imperial College London