[visit-users] Line length in PlainText reader

Cihan Altinay bobbyg at altinay.de
Sun Apr 26 21:41:47 EDT 2009

G'day everyone,

I just tried opening a plain text file which represents a 500x500 grid
and found that the line length limit of 4096 characters in the reader is
too low (results in a SIGSEGV). It would be great if that could be
extended to say 16384, or if the parser would be changed to allow
arbitrary line lengths.

I know that I can use VTK and other formats but I just tried a
quick'n'dirty vis of some column data and encountered the error so I
thought I'd let you know.

Cheers,
Cihan