[visit-users] clipping two variables on different planes

Hank Childs hankchilds at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 21 08:53:21 EDT 2009

Hi Simone,
My guess is that this is a byproduct of the "Apply operators to all plots" button that I mentioned in my last email.  Specifically, that button doesn't just make sure that operators are applied uniformly, it also makes sure that the attributes for these operators are applied uniformly.  So I think maybe you were setting the clip attributes for one operator, and it was applying it to both plots.  Undoing the "Apply operators to all plots" button should fix this.
Based on this email (I should have read both before responding), it sounds like my Reflect idea will not work.  I had assumed that the data was all located at X>0.  It sounds like it is located at X>0 and X<0.  So the Reflect operator wouldn't solve that problem.  If this is the case, then your idea of the Clip operator is a good one, and I think this "Apply operators to all plots" button is the missing piece to make it work.
Best,Hank