[visit-users] Keybindings and additional toolboxes

Brad Whitlock whitlock2 at llnl.gov
Mon Apr 20 11:57:17 EDT 2009

>I would like to make some 'small' feature requests (if it is not
>already available) :-)
>I am looking for a shortcut to show and hide the menubar. And is
>there a chance to save the chosen placement and selection of the
>toolboxes for later use?

Hi Fabian,
    If you're referring to the toolbar in the visualization window,
that can be hidden using the viewer's popup menu. Right click in the
visualization window, select "Customize->Hide toolbar" and the
toolbar will disappear, leaving more space for graphics. You can also
hide the toolbar for all windows using an adjacent menu option. If
you save settings then this preference should be used for future
VisIt sessions.

>And it would be great, if all those shortcuts work with from every
>active window. Right now, I have to get the focus to the main visit
>window.  Especially for the toolbar and for view settings this would
>be great!

Could you elaborate on the focus problems you're having?

>One other feature, which might be quite nice, is, to open up the
>corresponding attributes by clicking the icon with the right
>mouse-button!?
>Adding Icons for existing macros would be quite nice as well :-)

I like the idea of more user-customization. I'll certainly keep this
in mind for some of the 2.0 changes I plan on making.

Brad

Brad Whitlock                   Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
whitlock2 at llnl.gov
(925)424-2614