[visit-users] Fwd: Discretized Sphere: scalar field

Meredith, Jeremy S. jsmeredith at ornl.gov
Mon Apr 20 11:26:12 EDT 2009

Sure!  In fact, one of the standard Silo example files sounds very similar (it's called "globe").  If you have an unstructured mesh with these four element types (which are often called tetrahedra, wedges/prisms, pyramids, and hexahedra if you want to look them up in, say, the VTK file format documentation), VisIt should have no problem handling it for just about any of its operations.   The images you attached look like they're disconnected points -- I assume you probably want a surface type of plot -- but either one should be possible.  If it's just a question of how to get this data into VisIt, I'm not sure what file format you use, but Silo and VTK, for example, both support the full set of unstructured cell types.

--
Jeremy Meredith
Oak Ridge National Laboratory