[visit-users] Parallel engine quits every 10 or so frames while rendering animation movie

Meredith, Jeremy S. jsmeredith at ornl.gov
Thu Apr 9 14:04:20 EDT 2009

For the qsub launcher, it should interpret the "Time limit" from the host profile as the walltime.  Ideally, your host profile is already set up with this value enabled, so that when you go to launch an engine, the window it pops up letting you choose the parallel host profile will ask you for it (as well as e.g. number of processors, number of nodes).  If that value is disabled, you'll need to go into the host profile and enable it, setting a reasonable default value.  Whatever string it is just passed down to qsub, so e.g. "01:00:00" would get passed to qsub without interpretation.

(From the command line, it's the "-t" argument.)

--
Jeremy Meredith
Oak Ridge National Laboratory