[visit-users] BASH issue

Brad Whitlock whitlock2 at llnl.gov
Thu Apr 9 13:36:13 EDT 2009

You could always add the necessary paths to LD_LIBRARY_PATH in
VisIt's internallauncher script on the remote machine. Or, you could
enhance internallauncher to have a -setenv argument that would let
you pass "-setenv VAR=value" from the additional options in your host
profile.

Brad

>But, I apparently have no way to set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH since bash
>isn't touching any of my local dot files.    For some reason, this
>all works perfectly fine for csh/tcsh users on our systems.
>
>Rick Angelini wrote:
>>Using the "-dir /path/to/visitdir" get's me slightly farther along,
>>but is not the full answer.    I'm now missing shared libraries (to
>>OpenMPI, for instance) that need to be added to my
>>LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>>Brad Whitlock wrote:
>>>You could also add "-dir /path/to/visitdir" to your host profile's
>>>"Additional options" too to let the local VisIt assemble the full
>>>path to the visit script that it will execute via ssh. If you do
>>>this in the host profile, you won't need to muck with bash
>>>configuration.
>>>
>>>Brad

>>--

Brad Whitlock                   Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
whitlock2 at llnl.gov
(925)424-2614