[visit-users] Markers in a plot

Brad Whitlock whitlock2 at llnl.gov
Wed Apr 8 17:24:05 EDT 2009

Anthony,
    You could use a "3D Text" annotation and then label the marker. I
suppose you could use '*', '.', or words to identify your marker. The
3D text annotation can be placed at world coordintes x,y,z and you
can control the height of the annotation as well as various other
properties. If you're plotting 2D data, just set its z==0.

Brad

>Hello,
>
>Is there a way in VisIt to place some sort of marker (e.g. dot,
>diamond, square) at specific coordinates?  The closest thing I found
>was using an image annotation object, but it gets placed at a
>specific location in the window, instead of the plot.
>
>--
>Anthony Rasca
>APPM Graduate Student TA
>University of Colorado at Boulder
>Boulder, Colorado 80309-0526
>
>--

Brad Whitlock                   Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
whitlock2 at llnl.gov
(925)424-2614