[visit-users] 2d surface mesh

Meredith, Jeremy S. jsmeredith at ornl.gov
Tue Apr 7 13:37:53 EDT 2009

It's been a loooong time, but from what I recall, Exodus made few to no requirements about those element type names -- there may have been some defined ones, but at the very least it supported more than it defined, and so it was a matter of keeping up with what the codes happened to use.  In other words, I think this is the way it's always been.   I no longer have the Exodus manual to double check, though....

--
Jeremy Meredith
Oak Ridge National Laboratory