[visit-users] 2d surface mesh

Amik St.Cyr amik at ucar.edu
Tue Apr 7 11:32:15 EDT 2009

Hi Mark,

Just ran the application with -debug 5 and I get:

ERROR: In vtkVisItExodusReader.C, line 914
vtkVisItExodusReader (0x31c0ee0): Cannot handle type: SHELL with 4
nodes.Num elem in block = 50176

thus looks like shell elements are not supported (shells are quads with
x,y,z coordinates instead of x,y)

Best,

Amik
NB:I can send small example if you want.