[visit-users] Getting ascii data into visIT

Meredith, Jeremy S. jsmeredith at ornl.gov
Mon Apr 6 13:40:29 EDT 2009

The "I" and "J" labels are only supposed to be used for ordered, i.e. structured element meshes.  Also, I can't find any reference in either the old or new Tecplot file format docs that says anything about single-quotes.  Every reference to quotation marks seems to be explicit about using double quotes.

It's hardly the first time I'm surprised by how lax Tecplot is in what it's able to read, though.  Glad you got it working!

--
Jeremy Meredith
Oak Ridge National Laboratory