[visit-users] running visit over X on leopard

tom fogal tfogal at alumni.unh.edu
Fri Apr 3 15:56:47 EDT 2009

Sveta Shasharina <sveta at txcorp.com> writes:
> I looked at Options->Rendering and do not see how I can set Software
> Rendering mode on?

Set `Scalable Rendering' to `Always'.

> About testing - I need to make sure that our plugin works on linux
> boxes.  We have many tests set up but sometime I need just to look at
> the plots to make sure that they are correct.

Do you mean your existing tests are unit tests -- not image-based ones?

In any case, you can automate image based tests as well.  Just run
with -nowin; this is, in fact, how the entire VisIt test suite is
run.  Please follow up on -developers if you'd like a more in-depth
explanation.

> I am getting this (giving the last part of the output) from glxinfo:

The lines before all the visuals are actually the ones of most use.

> quartic.sveta$ glxgears
> 22431 frames in 5.0 seconds = 4463.633 FPS
> XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server
> "localhost:14.
> 0"
>       after 58807 requests (32 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

This error occurred on exit, not during normal `glxgears' operation,
right?

-tom