[visit-developers] Cartographic projections

Favre Jean jfavre at cscs.ch
Wed Feb 24 16:59:40 EST 2016

I wrote the original filter, and the wiki page

http://visitusers.org/index.php?title=Cartographic_projection_in_VisIt

which specifies that it requires a VtkStructuredGrid or vtkRectilinearGrid. Unstructured was never contemplated. I will resurrect the data I used to generate the images for the wiki page. It's on an older computer that is turned off right now. Give me a few days.

Note that VTK_7 master has just gotten an upgrade to the proj.4 library (a few days ago). I have not had any time to check if my filters (PV and VisIt) still work.