[visit-developers] Fwd: possible bug in VisIt 2.10

Svetlana G. Shasharina sveta at txcorp.com
Thu Feb 11 12:32:50 EST 2016

Hello Kevin,
Actually I do switch Active sources, otherwise I cannot see the
variables, which I want to add.

Today I did something different and it was worse that last time (first
time described below I draw the fist plot before I opened the second file):

Open one file and then the second file.  Add A_magnitude with the active
source BFieldNyJ_A, switch source to BFieldNyJ_J and try to add
J_magnitude.  I am getting that J_magnitude is invalid variable.

I did some debugging using older versions of VisIt (2.8.1) and see that
the second magnitude is checked against the list of expressions, does
not find the name (sees only names related to the first file) and fails
to add the plot.

Thanks,
Sveta