[visit-developers] DBOptions question

Miller, Mark C. miller86 at llnl.gov
Tue Jun 16 18:06:44 EDT 2015

You *have* to design them right to ensure you can tell the difference between an explicitly set value by a user and a 'default'.

I did this for Silo plugin using "not set" place holders for some integer values. When the plugin  runs, if it finds 'not-set', it uses a default value.

Its a little more combersome but works.

At one time, I had entered a ticket to enhance  the DBReadOptions with a notion of