[visit-developers] VisIt and Qt signals

Brad Whitlock bjw at ilight.com
Fri Jun 12 18:52:08 EDT 2015

Hi Sveta,
   VisIt's src/common/comm/RemoteProcess class installs a signal handler
for SIGCHLD that lets it detect when child processes die. This is so it can
detect when VisIt programs die on startup. It looks like it does not
restore any previously existing signal handler. Maybe this is interfering
with Qt's "finished" mechanism.

HTH,
Brad