[visit-developers] updating some online help content

Miller, Mark C. miller86 at llnl.gov
Tue Jun 2 15:09:34 EDT 2015

Hi Brad,

Ok, thanks. Found the content I wanted to change, downloaded OpenOffice to my mac (but couldn't install because I don't have privs), etc.

Question about process here. I think the steps you outline make some assumptions about where the 'docs' dir is relative to src/svn_bin, otherwise how does ./makehelp from within src/svn_bin find my docs checkout?

What I did was an explicit svn command to checout the docs dir. . .

svn co svn+ssh://miller86@portal-auth.nersc.gov/project/projectdirs/visit/svn/visit/trunk/docs trunk_docs

So, my 'docs' dir is in a dir named 'trunk_docs' which is 'next to' 'trunk' where 'src/svn_bin' live.

Mark