[visit-developers] updating some online help content

Miller, Mark C. miller86 at llnl.gov
Tue Jun 2 14:31:43 EDT 2015

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me where I might go to adjust some text I see in the live help regarding eigenvalue() and eigenvector() expressions.

effective_tensor

Effective tensor

effective_tensor(expr)

expr must evaluate to a tensor expression. The effective_tensor expression determines the effective part of a 3x3 tensor and returns the resulting scalar expression.

Example: effective_tensor(tensor1)

eigenvalue

Eigenvalue

eigenvalue(expr)

expr must evaluate to a 3x3 tensor. The eigenvalue expression returns the eigenvalues of a matrix as a scalar expression.

Example: scalars = eigenvalue(tensor)

eigenvector

Eigenvector

eigenvector(expr)

expr must evaluate to a 3x3 tensor. The eigenvector expression returns the eigenvectors of a matrix as a vector expression.

Example: vectors = eigenvector(tensor)