[visit-developers] FW: [visit-users] Banding issue in VisIt - again

Miller, Mark C. miller86 at llnl.gov
Fri Jul 31 16:59:02 EDT 2015

From: Brad Whitlock <bjw at ilight.com<mailto:bjw at ilight.com>>

Transform having no effect on the Scatter plot is not a bug because the Scatter plot makes the new point mesh from data arrays after Transform would have executed.

Hmm. It still seems like a bug to me. I mean I can understand if there are limitations in the implementation that make it difficult for Scatter plot to behave like other plots (maybe that is what you are explaininng above). But from the outside looking in, if I can 'Transform' other plots, why can't I transform a Scatter plot?