[visit-developers] setting members of GlobalAttributes()

Miller, Mark C. miller86 at llnl.gov
Wed Jul 29 12:50:43 EDT 2015

Hi All,

I have a python cli script which is intended to run a set of commands immediately upon launching visit on an mfem database. It adds plots and operators and sets view.

Ultimately, I would like for the CLI window to be hidden (either behind other windows or iconified) *and* for MultiresControl dialog to be on 'top' of GUI. I don't think  I can affect any of that from the cli, right?

In any event, at a minimum, I would like to have the plots expanded in the plot list. I see there is a global preferece to 'automatically expand new plots'. I see that there is a member for this in GlobalAttributes() in the CLI. However, I don't see any way to set it and then *push* that setting to the GUI.

Is there a way to set members of GlobalAttributes() and then have those settings affect how the GUI behaves?