[visit-developers] vtk 6.2

Allen Sanderson allen at sci.utah.edu
Mon Jul 27 15:51:31 EDT 2015

Hi,

I wanted to try VTK 6.2 so I took the plunge to incorporate it. Three files need to be modified (based on compiling), one I can do vtkVisItDataSetMapper.C needs an include file.

Two others :

databases/OpenFOAM/visit_vtkPOpenFOAMReader.cxx
visit_vtk/full/vtkVisItProbeFilter.C

muck about with  vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::MAXIMUM_NUMBER_OF_PIECES() which has been deprecated.

I have commented out the offending lines of code. But it would appear that there are other changes that should happen in visit_vtk/full/vtkVisItProbeFilter.C I am not sure how to incorporate / merge such changes.

With some direction I am happy to help out.

Cheers,

Allen