[visit-developers] 2d meshes and 3d vectors

Miller, Mark C. miller86 at llnl.gov
Wed Jul 22 16:10:47 EDT 2015

First, wanna make sure what you mean by 2d mesh. You have a mesh in which z coord is always zero? If so, yeah, VisIt won't let you have vectors on that mesh with more than two components. If you don't have option of applying an operator of some kind (like transform with x-rotate by a tiny fraction of a degree), then probably best thing is to accomodate this in the plugin.

Out of curiosity thoug, can you describe the use case for 3D vectors on a 2D mesh? It might be best if we ultimately get rid of the constraints prohibiting this in VisIt.

Mark