[visit-developers] database file open - pointing to a directory

Allen Sanderson allen at sci.utah.edu
Fri Jul 17 15:34:09 EDT 2015

When opening a database we normally point to a file. Instead I want to point to directory.  I have a thirdparty reader that is smart enough to handle either.

The file open currently accepts only a file. So to fake it we put the directory name into a .visit file. That works but would rather use the GUI dialog.

Any thoughts on whether a modification of the GUI would be reasonable?

Cheers,

Allen