[visit-developers] Feature request: Transparent image output (with alpha channel) when saving image

Miller, Mark C. miller86 at llnl.gov
Tue Jul 14 22:14:27 EDT 2015

Hi Amit,

I was just writing a response and see that Cyrus added a ticket.

Well, I thought we did save alpha when we had transparent geometry.

Have you tried screen-capture saves? Does that wind up saving alpha? I tried this on my mac but I don't have any tools to help me determine if indeed alpha is being saved.

I know when we had logic in there to handle alpha for multi-engine SR renders and I just tried that and it still works (e.g. two different engines rendering to same window using software rendering; the images+alpha are recieved in viewer and composited there).

Mark