[visit-developers] OpenGl driver compatibility?

Harrison, Cyrus D. harrison37 at llnl.gov
Mon Jul 6 12:20:01 EDT 2015

Hi John,

Setting up the OpenGL Context is handled by VTK:

src/avt/VisWindow/Colleagues/

VisWinRendering
VisWinRenderingWithoutWindow

-Cyrus

On Jul 2, 2015, at 2:45 PM, JR Cary <cary at txcorp.com<mailto:cary at txcorp.com>> wrote:

Thanks, Eric.

It might be that our problems have to do with
the OpenGL context, i.e., not setting it correctly.

Where is that done in VisIt?

Thx....John

On 7/2/15 12:44 PM, Brugger, Eric wrote:

You need Mesa if you will be rending on a machine without a display. So if your remote server doesn't have any type of display then that may be your problem.

Eric