[visit-developers] Question on plots

Mark Miller miller86 at llnl.gov
Tue May 26 14:24:44 EDT 2009

Hi Dave,

I don't have any experience with this and so can't offer too much
advice. However, I assume that the two filters you mention are causally
ordered in some fashion. I mean that either streamline comes before
poincare or vise versa. As such, some re-executes involve only the
latter of the two filters and some re-executes involved both, right?
Thats would require at least a 3-state control for re-execution and the
ChangesRequireRecalculation() is only true/false, right?

I know the ghostzone and facelist filter does some itneresting stuff
with multiple filters so you might look there to see if it does anything
like what you are trying to do.

Thats as far as my thinking takes me. Hopefully, other more experienced
developers will chime in.

Mark

--
Mark C. Miller, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
email: mailto:miller86 at llnl.gov
(M/T/W) (925)-423-5901 (!!LLNL BUSINESS ONLY!!)
(Th/F)  (530)-753-8511 (!!LLNL BUSINESS ONLY!!)