[visit-developers] host profiles and environment

Eric Brugger brugger1 at llnl.gov
Wed May 20 11:31:58 EDT 2009

Dave,

If you modify the host profile on your local machine for the remote
machine to add "-dir path_to_visit_dir"
then it should be able to find visit on the remote machine without
VisIt being in your path. Note that the path
you specify is the path of the directory where you installed visit,
so for machines at llnl, we use
"-dir /usr/gapps/visit", which will cause it to execute
"/usr/gapps/visit/bin/visit".

Eric