[visit-developers] exporting materials

Mark Miller miller86 at llnl.gov
Thu May 14 20:08:20 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I was looking over how Silo writer handles materials. It looks to me
like there is logic in their to handle as a special case the situation
when one is exporting to Silo in the presence of MIR and that the plugin
has to do it differently then. Am I reading that right? In the presence
of MIR, the output mesh and variables upon it are of type ucd and the
material object has to be obtained via GetMaterial() call on the
originating source. Otherwise, the mesh and vars are unchanged and the
material comes through as zone-centered variable of type int and name
'avtSubset'. Am I reading this right?

Mark C. Miller, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
email: mailto:miller86 at llnl.gov
(M/T/W) (925)-423-5901 (!!LLNL BUSINESS ONLY!!)
(Th/F)  (530)-753-8511 (!!LLNL BUSINESS ONLY!!)