[visit-developers] VTK_DEBUG_LEAKS

Cyrus D. Harrison cyrush at llnl.gov
Wed May 13 14:58:56 EDT 2009

I just wanted to make a general suggestion:
When we move forward with updating the VTK version VisIt uses - we
should definitely try check for leaks and resolve them as part of the
update.
I am sure we are responsible for a lot of them - but we are using an
older version of VTK & I wouldn't be surprised if some of them exist in
the library.
After we upgrade the version of vtk we use should have a clean bill of
health, and we can hunt those down.
Also it would be useful for us to adopt this type of checking across our
nightly test suite.
-Cyrus