[visit-developers] [visit-commits] Update to SVN (7217)

Hank Childs childs3 at llnl.gov
Wed May 6 17:20:05 EDT 2009

VisIt-dev List,

I think we need to raise the topic of making Ice-T be our default
compositor.  I can envision that we use Ice-T whenever possible and
fall back to the old compositor with transparent geometry.  (Tom
needs to tell us if this is possible.)  I could also envision that
someone clever could make Ice-T work with transparent geometry, since
we are basically doing our own "tiling" at that point, and it might
just be a matter of communicating our tiling to Ice-T.  (I'm sure I'm
dramatically oversimplifying.)

I saw a factor of 8.5X performance difference.

-Hank