[visit-developers] hdf5.h

Brad Whitlock whitlock2 at llnl.gov
Fri Oct 31 12:44:40 EDT 2008

Josh,
    Each computer where we build VisIt has a config-site file in
src/config-site. The config-site file tells VisIt's configure where
to get Qt, VTK, Python and so on. The variables in the config-site
for that tell configure where to get HDF5 were renamed recently.
You'll have to make changes in your machine's config-site file to
tell configure where to get HDF5 now. Hoth is a computer that we use
for development at LLNL. The hoth config-site file is one that has
already been reworked with the new variable names for HDF5. The file
is called src/config-site/hoth.llnl.gov.conf and I was suggesting you
look there for the changes.

>What's the hoth config?
>
>Josh

Brad Whitlock                   Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
whitlock2 at llnl.gov
(925)424-2614