[visit-developers] hdf5.h

Brad Whitlock whitlock2 at llnl.gov
Thu Oct 30 14:51:58 EDT 2008

Josh,
    I don't think you have to go to the extent that Tom's suggesting.
If you have a config-site file for your machine, you'll have to
update the HDF5-related variables in it to cope with recent configure
changes. Have a look at the hoth config for more information on the
new variable syntax.

Brad

>Has there been any changes to the HDF5 build process to cause this
>problem in a new branch that uses the external libraries built in
>another directory my other branches use?
>
>checking if using hdf5... configure: error: cannot find or read header
>hdf5.h from info in :
>
>Josh

Brad Whitlock                   Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
whitlock2 at llnl.gov
(925)424-2614