[visit-developers] Addition to release notes

Hank Childs childs3 at llnl.gov
Fri Oct 24 19:43:07 EDT 2008

On Oct 24, 2008, at 4:39 PM, Brad Whitlock wrote:

> I think having the announcement is fine. I wouldn't give details
> about the next release, but I don't think you meant that would be
> part of the announcement.

Correct. I don't want to say what is going in 2.0, because that would
commit us.  My only thought was to say that part of the reason for
doing the release now is to prepare for 2.0, which is true.  We want
to have as much experience with Qt 4 as possible before shipping it
out...

So I'm proposing only this text:

>> The VisIt 1.11 release was made on an abbreviated schedule.  Our
>> project decided to make this release early to (1) catch up to our
>> regular release schedule, which had slipped with 1.10 release and
>> (2) have sufficient time to prepare for the upcoming 2.0 release.

-Hank