[visit-developers] Crash on Mac ... hoping for pity from a network expert

Mark Miller miller86 at llnl.gov
Thu Oct 16 18:43:49 EDT 2008

Hi Hank,

You say you are on a Mac and this sounds somewhat similar to a problem
reported yesterday (by Doug Reeder). He had concluded that his
invokation of VisIt was just not 'accepting focus'. However, I had
concluded that VisIt was either taking a really long time to start or
hung. And, SingleThreadedAcceptSocket() was one of the calls I recall
seeing the logs near messages indicating problems connecting.

I know this is of little use to you but I thought I would mention it to
suggest it may not be specific to your network scenario.

Mark

--
Mark C. Miller, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
email: mailto:miller86 at llnl.gov
(M/T/W) (925)-423-5901 (!!LLNL BUSINESS ONLY!!)
(Th/F)  (530)-753-8511 (!!LLNL BUSINESS ONLY!!)