[visit-developers] multiple issues with arg processor for parallel engine

Mark Miller miller86 at llnl.gov
Wed Oct 15 19:01:18 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I am running into some problems with visit launch behavior on the main
trunk. I admit I haven't updated the code on my trunk in about a week.

But, passing the combination of '-np 3' and '-o /usr/gapps/visit/data/multi_ucd3d.silo'
causes visit to attempt to open /home/miller/multi_ucd3d.silo

Next, passing the combination of '-np 3' and '-totalview engine_par'
causes VisIt NOT to launch an engine at all and, when I open a file, it
starts only a serial engine (doesn't even give me an option for parallel).
This latter behavior is very different from the way it used to work for me.

Anyone have any ideas as to cause?

Mark C. Miller, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
email: mailto:miller86 at llnl.gov
(M/T/W) (925)-423-5901 (!!LLNL BUSINESS ONLY!!)
(Th/F)  (530)-753-8511 (!!LLNL BUSINESS ONLY!!)